The Block is an elegant, historic and affordable gathering space that has been completely redesigned with contemporary flair and state-of-the-art AV technology. The room has soaring beamed ceilings, a balcony, restored maple floors, exposed brick walls, a spacious full-service bar, an outdoor deck, large windows and views of Muskegon Lake. The Block is ideal for any small- to mid-sized event for use by wedding parties, businesses, the community, performers, educators, students, and artists.
Located in downtown Muskegon, The Block is within walking distance of hotels, restaurants, shopping, bars, festivals, sporting events, museums, places of worship and marinas to accommodate a multi-day event. Parking is free and can accommodate everything from horse-drawn carriages to commercial busses.
The Block’s uses and set-up are limited only by your imagination and the size of your group: concerts and recitals; business meetings, retreats, training sessions or lectures; baby or wedding showers; weddings, receptions and rehearsal dinners; graduation parties; fundraisers; holiday parties; reunions; awards banquets; pre-event dinners, luncheons or happy hours. The Block accommodates groups from 10 to 192 in a variety of configurations. Rental can include a private dressing room suite.
Our cutting-edge technology, lighting, and equipment will deliver everything you need, including a 20×11 foot projection surface, 4D projector, Smart Cart, CD, DVD, Blu-ray, wireless connections, music speakers, Bluetooth, flip charts, and whiteboards. Flexible seating and staging can be configured for any type of event or can be removed for strolling receptions. Photographers and presenters will love The Block as there are no pillars to obstruct the view and large windows provide natural light. Musicians and their audiences will love it for its acoustics, our Steinway B Grand Piano, and its intimate feel. All hosts and guests will love it for its upscale, cool vibe.
The range of catering possibilities are endless: seated dinners, buffets, strolling hors d’oeuvre stations or cocktails at the bar. You have an array of choices for your guests, using our preferred caterers or yours.
WEDDING RENTAL RATES
Wedding Reception Packages:
• Wedding: $800 Includes 4 consecutive hours to decorate, rehearse, hold wedding, etc.
• Reception: $1000 Includes 6 consecutive hours to decorate, hold reception, etc.
• Wedding and Reception: $2,000 Includes $400 room flip fee, 10 consecutive hours to decorate, rehearse, hold event, etc.• Rehearsing/Decorating on the Day Before the Wedding: $200 Rented ONLY if the date is open 30 days prior to the wedding. Includes 2 consecutive hours of time in which to decorate, rehearse, etc.
OTHER EVENTS RENTAL RATES
April 1 – October 14 and December 1 – January 14
Monday – Thursday (9 am to 5 pm) $450
Monday – Thursday (5 to 10 pm) $550
Friday – Saturday (10 am to Midnight) $1000
Sunday (Noon to 5 pm) $600
Includes 4 hours of technician time, additional time is $25 an hour
• Music/Microphone Package: $300
• Music/Microphone/Projection Package: $400
• Music/Microphone/Projection/Lighting Package: $500
• Set-Up/Cleaning Fee: $75
• Bartender Fee: $25 per hour. Includes bar set-up and clean-up. Required for all events serving alcohol. One bartender required for every 80 people.
• Refundable Damage Deposit: $250
• Additional House Manager Time: $25 per hour
• Standing/Roving Reception: 150 (With bistro tables and some seating, includes seating in balcony)
• Seated Reception at Rounds or Rectangular Banquet Tables: 60-80 people
• Maximum Seating Including Main Floor and Balcony: 150 (Main Floor: 118, Balcony: 32)
Other Equipment Available:
• Portable Stage: $200 Adjustable heights of 8”/16”/24” in 4 ft. sections to max of 12×16 ft.
• Steinway Grand Piano: $200 Plus additional REFUNDABLE piano damage fee: $250
• Please inquire about other technology and equipment available
Included with Rental:
• 130 banquet chairs
• 20 tall bistro chairs (balcony use only)
• 10 adjustable-height 30” round bistro tables: 7 main floor, 3 balcony
• 7 six-foot rectangular banquet tables
• Private dressing room and restroom
• Roof terrace (seasonal)
Inquire about specific dates
To rent The Block or for more information, contact:
VP of Operations